Why Public Health?
- are concerned about the health of populations
- believe in disease prevention
- believe in equity
- want to improve health systems and quality of health care
Public Health is what you have been looking for.
Why the University of Hong Kong?
The School of Public Health of the University of Hong Kong is committed to protecting and improving health for all people, through the synthesis of state-of-the-science research, the dissemination of knowledge in education and training, and the application of the public health sciences to population health.
Teaching and learning
The broadly based, student centred, problem based learning environment is designed to encourage the acquisition of
- subject breadth and depth in biostatistics, environmental health sciences, epidemiology, health policy and administration, and social/ behavioural sciences; and
- the competencies required in public health and administrative medicine, including communication and informatics, leadership, diversity and culture, programme planning, epidemiology and decision analysis.
World-renowned teachers and researchers
CME & Quotable Qualification
The Medical Council of Hong Kong recognises the Master of Public Health, MPH(HK) as a quotable qualification.
Participants will be accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points from different academic institutes / committees. Please see “CME & Quotable Qualification” for details.
Effective February 3rd, 2018, HKU School of Public Health’s MPH programme is an applicant for accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). The accreditation review will address the Master of Public Health programme. Other degrees and areas of study offered by this institution will not be included in the unit of accreditation review. For more information on the accrediting process, please visit CEPH’s website at http://ceph.org/
Public health professionals are involved in (but not limited to):
- assessment of the health of communities
- health care financing and administration
- formulation and implementation of health care policies
- promotion and education of important health issues
Other than hospitals and clinics, public health professionals are also highly sought after in various government departments, NGOs, academic institutions and international health organizations.
Some of our graduates occupy important positions in local and overseas health care organizations, while some are able to climb up the career ladder in their own profession.