Vision & Mission
In Hong Kong, Asia and globally, public health issues and priorities are better understood, accepted and acted upon.
To prepare students from diverse backgrounds and experience with the knowledge and competencies for the effective practice of public health and to become the next generation of public health leaders.
The MPH programme values
- Effective learning including shared interactive experience and service
- Diversity, inclusiveness and respect for others
- Social justice and ethical public health practice
- Evidence-based public health practice
The MPH programme seeks to
- Strengthen the public health workforce capacity, particularly in Hong Kong and Asia
- Instill core public health principles and values reflecting ethical and scientific approaches to the practice of public health
- Develop and hone public health problem-solving skills
- Build the understanding and skills of how to use leadership and advocacy to move from theory to achieving impact
- Advance the science and art of public health