- An inter-professional pathway for MBBS, BChinMed, BNurs and BPharm students of HKU
- A broadly based training programme on contemporary healthcare issues
- Learning with students from all over the world
- A quotable qualification recognised by the Hong Kong Medical Council for MBBS graduates
- The award of an intercalated MPH degree will be conferred at the same time as the completion of the undergraduate programme
Entry to the Master of Public Health (MPH) is highly competitive. Eligibility for admission
to the intercalated MPH programme is as follows:
- MBBS: Students in Year 4 of the 6-year curriculum
- BChinMed: Students in Year 4 of the 6-year curriculum
- BNurs: Students in Year 4 of the 5-year curriculum
- BPharm: Students in Year 3 of the 4-year curriculum
- Year 3 of the 6-year MBBS curriculum, or
- Year 3 of the 5-year BNurs curriculum, or
- Year 2 of the 4-year BPharm curriculum.
Fees and Scholarships
HK$80,000 (50% MPH programme fee discount).
Students will pay at least HK$42,100.
Scholarships may be granted to students by the Faculty on the basis of academic merit
and financial needs as per the CEDARS* financial assessment criteria.
The maximum amount of the scholarship per student is HK$37,900.
Students enroll in one of the concentrations offered by the Master of Public Health for a 1-year full-time programme.
The Hong Kong Medical Council recognises the Master of Public Health, MPH(HK) as quotable qualifications.
Participants will be accredited Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points from different academic institutes / committees. Please see “CME & Quotable Qualifications” for details.